Sunday 24 January 2010



PMR446
From Wikipedia: "PMR446 (Private Mobile Radio, 446 MHz) is a part of the UHF radio frequency range that is open without licensing for personal usage in most countries of the European Union. It has roughly the same use as FRS or GMRS in the United States and Canada. Depending on surrounding terrain range can vary from a few hundred metres (in a city) to a few kilometres (flat countryside). PMR446 is primarily used in consumer-grade walkie-talkies similar to those used for FRS/GMRS in the United States and Canada."
Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark - Dazzle Ships (Yes, the whole album - this is only Of All the Things We've Made)

7 comments:

Andromeda5000 said...

Nice setup. I especially like the gradient of the background.

Jujubie said...

What a clever way to present the walkie talkies, on two layers. They are very pretty too. I wonder about the actual colour. OMD, I'd forgotten about them, willingly :D

eury said...

Great setup. At first I thought you'd taken a pic of one and just flipped and masked, but then on second look, it is obviously 2. Well done!

secretatlantis said...

Very creative to use a double plain background with effective shadowing. I like it that you choose not to put the objects completely symmetrical on it.

kimbomac said...

I like the arrangement of them on the extra card and the way they are not quite in the centre of the card. I'm not so sure about the gradient. The lightness of it pulls my eye out of the frame a bit... But it's a technically very sound shot. Love the monochrome feeling of it.

Regoch said...

@Jujubie: I've never liked OMD at all but somehow "Dazzle Ships" works as a concept - or I'm just hearing what I want to hear. :)

essjaynz said...

More interesting technological facts and an interesting layout to go with it.

Post a Comment