Tuesday 12 January 2010



ARE YOU GOING WITH ME?
Apparently, this is the oldest working passenger elevator in the city. For the most part, it's manufactured in Vienna and assembled on site during the early years of twentieth century. Motor traction machine is heavily modified but the original metal cage with wooden panels is still intact. The lights are low and there is no elevator music so you will have to imagine your own piece of instrumental nostalgia, something like Pat Metheny Group - Are You Going With Me? (Live from Travels)

9 comments:

Jujubie said...

A sombre yet inviting mood attracts me to this photo. The darker walls, ceiling and the step all help direct attention to the actual elevator. I think for this one, the sound of silence broken only by the grinding of the mechanism would be best for me.

BUFFMUFIN said...

Neat image, and I love the spotlight! Um, this would also look very nice in my gallery, you know! :)

Andromeda5000 said...

I like the spotlight too. It really helps create a lovely atmosphere.

secretatlantis said...

I love the light, the mood you created. Very fitting for an antique elevator.

Isabella2006 said...

The mood here is extraordinary and I just really love the tones.
Beautiful work!!!

kimbomac said...

A very moody and atmospheric shot with very warm tones that make someone feel very safe. Very inviting. Come upstairs the easy way!

Whalelight said...

It looks sparse yet elegant. The light flare adds to the mood of the shot.

Alt Keynes said...

Wonderful shot, I really like it.

essjaynz said...

You climb to the top of the stairs and wait a minute...is that an elevator?
Lovely timeless and moody shot of some very well designed technology.

Post a Comment